To mark this year’s World Cancer Day, Join GE Healthcare and UICC (Union for International Cancer Control) on 4th February for a one hour Tweetchat to discuss ways of reducing the stigma and dispelling myths about cancer. The tweetchat will be moderated by Kathi Apostolidis, VP of European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC).
This year’s World Cancer Day focuses on Target 5 of the World Cancer Declaration: Reduce stigma and dispel myths about cancer, under the tagline “Debunk the myths”.
The World Cancer Day campaign will focus messaging on these four myths:
• We don’t need to talk about cancer
• There are no signs or symptoms of cancer
• There’s nothing I can do about cancer
• I don’t have the right to cancer care
The tweetchat takes place on Tuesday 4th February, at 11am-12pm EST/5-6pm CET/4-5pm GMT. Themes that will be covered during the tweetchat include:
• Impact of diseases on patients’ lives (starting from the initial symptoms)
• Impact of diseases on family/ caregivers
• Importance of early diagnosis
The tweetchat is also an opportunity to converse in a space for an open discussion with other patients, carers, key opinion leaders and influencers amongst many others. So save this date and join the TweetChat (search ‘#TacklingCancer’) to support World Cancer Day’s objectives, help reduce the stigma and debunk the 4 myths.